The Antena website presents a catalog of smartphones of only high quality from leading manufacturers sold in Ukraine.
Setting Up Your Device & MI Account for the First Time
What is MIUI and how does it differ from android?
- MIUI is OEM specific certified custom version of android, it contains OEM specific changes and and many more advanced features inbuilt you might needed an app for otherwise, increasing with each iteration of MIUI.
Setting Up Your Device & Mi Account.
Charge your device fully with the official charger from the box and start setting up. As soon as you will turn on the device for the first time you will be required to set some things up, don’t worry it’s a one time procedure, you will be needing access to the one phone number and/or email so keep it ready. Upon first boot you will be greeted with MIUI logo, currently of MIUI 8. You are ready to step in and experience one of the best, well thought customized Android OEM ROM known as MIUI. It runs on numerous other non mi devices as well for the features it offers.
Step 1. For the purpose of first run, steps and choice of default language, you will be asked to choose the language and its particular dialect for better understanding throughout the process. We will choose: English (USA) Step 2. You will be asked to choose one locale from the list based on geographic location, choose rightly as it decides the features, apps and the other settings. We will choose: USA
- Both the chosen language and locale can be changed later on from settings - additional settings.
Step 3. Next step is to choose your favourite keyboard app, MIUI 8 comes with the default google keyboard along with the swiftkey app and others. Step 4. Then after you will be shown available Wi-Fi networks to connect to, connect and when asked input the password for that network. To protect your privacy and other settings google services will issue one dialogue box, read it carefully and accept.
- It is recommended that you use Wi-Fi for the first setup considering the large data size which will be used depending upon the settings you choose.
Setting Up Google Account.
Step 7. The next step would be to setup your phone with google account, input your google account credentials if you already have one or you can create the new one by clicking “create a new account” in the next screen.
- You can skip setting up google account for the scope of the first run, but it is advisable to set it up.
- Your google account gives you the ability to use the various google services, which includes backup and syncing, contacts, email, online cloud storage, docs, countless other services and apps.
Setting Up Your Mi Account.
Step 8. If you already own one mi account then input your credentials, if not then sign up for one. You can create new account with email address and/or phone number.
- Providing all correct info in mi account is recommended including phone number and email address, it helps you to recover your account and data in case you forget your password later.
- You can keep your content synced across all the devices signed in with the same account.
- Grant the required permissions to it when asked, along with google location permission.
A) Next you will be asked for choices of various small settings, each setting is explained with the help of text and you can say no if you wish. You can change this setting after anytime if you desire so.
Location: It decides whether or not your location info will be shared across the apps you will use later.
Wallpaper Carousel: It’s a service provided freely by MIUI which fetches new lockscreen wallpaper everyday, Wi-Fi only option will be available under settings later.
Update automatically: It will automatically download the newest MIUI version and asks you to install updates.
B) Next you will be asked if or not you want to improve the location accuracy when location sharing is on by using google’s location service
Choosing a Theme & Completing Setup.
Step 10. The next step is to choose the theme from pre-installed themes, you can change it later too.
- It will take some time to load the apps, wait till it completes. Don’t worry if it takes a bit more time it’s just one time procedure.
Step 11. If there is an update available then it will be shown to you, updating it is highly recommended as it contains the bug fixes and new features. Step 12. Upon first usage, system apps might ask you to grant the required permissions, do it.